High-Tech, upstream and downstream flow management
HIGH-TECH, UPSTREAM AND DOWNSTREAM FLOW MANAGEMENT
The expertise acquired by Geodis Logistics alongside the leading names in high-tech is further bolstered by the human size of the Group. The global end to end offering – including revaluation of products during and at the end of their lifetime – is a demonstration of our remarkable flexibility in adapting to ongoing changes in markets and reductions in product lifetimes. The needs of players in the high-tech sector to rapidly adapt their strategies have placed management of these flows at the core of ongoing competitive challenges between producers and users.
Upstream (supplier provisioning) to downstream (commissioning of products at the customer site), we are present at every step in your logistics chain.
• Overall expertise in your sector, a personalized approach to your company
We have built our leadership in the high-tech sector by always taking into account your specific attributes in our upstream thought process.
- Close collaboration with all the big names in information technology, office applications and telecommunications.
- Unique and historical high-tech expertise and culture.
- Creation of adapted solutions by accounting for your corporate culture.
• Understanding and optimization of the essential steps in the logistics chain
The international organization of our customers is served with total flexibility by our knowledge of the complete range of logistics and transportation tasks:
• Importing from production countries
• Customs-bonded storage
• Upstream warehousing, VMI and delivery to production line
• Ex-works storage sites
• European "direct customer" distribution
• Reclaiming of products during their life span
• Key indicators for monitoring
KPIs (Key performance indicators) jointly defined by you, are our subject matter experts. A single contact will support you in your strategic choices and will unveil plans for progress that may go as far as the total reengineering of your flows.
• Information in real time: tracking and visibility
Transparency and control of your logistics processes are ensured by our experience with integrating customer/supplier information systems into dedicated Warehouse Management Systems. Our SCIM tool (Supply Chain Information Management) allows everyone involved in the supply chain to have direct access to information.
A QUALITY CULTURE SHARED WITH OUR HIGH-TECH CUSTOMERS
• ISO Certifications.
• Constant improvement of production procedures and resources.
• Study on compliance with the FSR standards (Freight Security Requirements) established by the TAPA, of which Geodis is an associate member at the European level.